The following services are included on memory-impaired floor:
- Three meals daily in the designated Dining Room
- Registered Nursing staff is on-site 24 hours
- Medication supervision and administration
- Individualized assistance with bathing, dressing/undressing, and transfers
- Grooming/personal hygiene, toileting/incontinence management
- Laundry, housekeeping and bed making
- General supervision and support, including at meal times
- Emergency Call System and 24-hour response
- Handrails in all hallways
- Ongoing nursing assessment and consultation
- Scheduling and reminders for medical appointments
- An in-house physician is available or residents may retain their own
- Encouragement and direction to participate in social events
- Additional services are available on a fee-for-service basis such as: foot care; hairdressing; guest meals in the main dining room; toiletries (ordered and delivered); and escorts to the main dining room,and entertainment.
Residents actively participate in a variety of activities, with the intention of promoting increased self-confidence and self-awareness through improved social and cognitive skills. Activities include a variety of intellectually and physically appropriate challenges such as: baking; gardening; active and cognitive games; art therapy; musical entertainment; and intergenerational programs. Our staff is trained to meet the unique social and therapeutic needs of our memory-impaired residents.